If you are addicted to the stimulant Adderall and are trying to stop using, you may be tempted to try to quit on your own. You may also be tempted to attend a less intensive outpatient program. While this may help, there is a strong possibility that without a comprehensive inpatient program that includes medically supervised detox services, counseling for issues of substance abuse and long-term follow-up care you will leave yourself susceptible to relapse. While it is possible to quit on your own or with the assistance of a less intensive program, you will have a much greater chance of a successful recovery if you attend an intensive inpatient rehab program run by a high quality professional drug addiction treatment center.
Drawbacks of Quitting Adderall on Your Own
Attempting to quit using Adderall on your own without the benefit of professional treatment will make the recovery process more difficult. You will face the unpleasant effects of withdrawal symptoms without the assistance of medical professionals and the resources available to ease your discomfort. When the withdrawal symptoms set in there will be nothing to stop you from seeking relief by relapsing into Adderall use. Without the benefits of professional counseling you will leave yourself vulnerable to the possibility of relapse when stress occurs or situations arise that encourage you to fall back into your old habits.
Benefits of Professional Adderall Addiction Treatment
Beginning your recovery in the safe, comfortable and supportive environment of a professional treatment center will greatly increase your chances of a successful Adderall addiction recovery. The benefits of professional treatment include the following:
- Medically supervised detoxification services that will ensure your safety, address any medical complications that arise and make you as comfortable as possible
- Detoxing in an environment in which there is no possibility of relapsing by obtaining or using Adderall
- Individual and group counseling that will help you understand the nature and the root causes of your addiction, help you identify situations that may trigger relapse in the future and provide strategies to avoid relapse and maintain long-term sobriety
- The support of treatment professionals who are committed to your Adderall addiction recovery
- The support of fellow patients who are dealing with a similar situation
- Access to follow-up care that will help you maintain your sobriety
Learn How You Will Benefit from Adderall Addiction Rehab
If you have questions about Adderall addiction or the treatment options available, we can provide answers. Our number is toll free, and we are available 24 hours a day. Please call us today to learn how you or a loved one can find a drug-free life.